Ever have one of those dreams that makes you upset? I had one of those last night but have learned over the past threeish decades that it is very relaxing to just sit down in the morning and translate the meaning. Our subconscious can be SO FUNNY and dramatic when it expresses things! The worst nightmare can be something so simple… One time I had a dream of being surrounded by boiling blood and all it meant at the time (without telling the whole dream because I have another to interpret with you) was that I was deeply dissatisfied with what was going on in my life at the time and that I was getting ready to blow (or boil over). (((TRUTH))) If there is blood in your dreams (no matter how you view it in this material scape) you are suppressing something. It is our “life elixir” and means you need someone to listen!!
Anyway, back to last night’s dream…
My husband and I were helping my daughter and brother sort items in a garage into keep vs. sell piles. There were other unidentified family members in the dream (including grandchildren), so this was a multi-family activity. At some point in the dream I was getting confused about an object my daughter had told me to put in the sell pile and she and my husband were teasing me a bit for it (this actually happens in real life, usually means my blood sugar is low). My husband had indicated that we needed to leave for another obligation soon and next thing I found myself at least one mile away from the scene in a white nightgown, underwear and slippers, walking towards the store for a candy bar that I did not have the money for. It was alarming in the dream because even though I knew where I was going, I didn’t realize I had left until too far away to get back in time to leave… When arriving back at the garage sale, both my daughters were trying to comfort my husband because of my prolonged absence. When they found out the nature of my walk, we all decided that I needed to go to a doctor (that is what made me more upset in the dream than anything… I LOATHE GOING TO THE DOCTOR because they rarely say anything nice and don’t make time for details that are important to me). One last thing? There was a primate like animal (shaped like an otter) about the size of a cat that was hanging out and being very affectionate… I HAVE NO IDEA.
I’ve got to get the ODD MONKEY out of the way first because it just didn’t seem to fit with anything that was going on… In addition, I kept it in a kennel when all the people were around though it didn’t seem necessary because of it’s docile nature. It was very affectionate, relaxed and passive… Therefore any references playfulness or “monkey business” hopefully do not apply.
- The monkey is considered our animalistic shadow, a distorted image of ourselves.
- The dream with a monkey may be an encouragement from your unconscious to continue to develop your personality by staying close to your own nature.
- Dreams of a monkey can also represent the freedom that leads to divine vision.
- Carrying a monkey over one’s shoulders in a dream means stealing something from one’s house, or something that belongs to his family.
- A monkey may also be indicative of the ability to mimic behavior by rote, but without a heartfelt understanding of the deeper meaning associated with the choices you are making.
- As we learn to live in the moment we are prepared to listen to our intuition and not to plan. Wandering in dreams may be alerting us to this faculty within.
- Aimless thought patterns that cause problems with maintaining your focus on a current project or goal.
- Introspection and exploration of the various alternatives currently available. Take care, however, that you don’t wander so far off as to lose sight of the primary- purpose.
- A good sign of advancement in your dearest hopes.
- If one is lost in the dream, it means that he will become heedless, and if he finds his way thereafter, it means that he will receive someone’s guidance and accept it.
WHITE NIGHTGOWN IN PUBLIC
- White is often regarded as the color of purity, truth, goodness and hope, perhaps best represented by the virginal bride. Within a Western context, seeing this color in your dreams may therefore be a message from your subconscious urging you to discover the truth of a situation, or to find your own truth. It is also the color of completeness and innocence. Questions to ask yourself if white appears in your dream: is your dream encouraging you to see the truth or could your dream be hinting at a fresh start to some aspect of your life?
- Dreams of wearing your pajamas in a social situation suggests that you are revealing a secret and personal aspect of yourself, or that you are afraid of exposure.
- Being in public in your pajamas may mention that you are walking in the world asleep or unconscious regarding some important, real situation. It may represent the desire and readiness to get some rest.
- A feeling of not being prepared for life, activities or business affairs (to be in a nightgown in public).
- A garage appearing in a dream may indicate how we store our own personal abilities. It is the workshop from which we need to move out into the world in order to show what we have done. We are looking at our reserves of drive and motivation and possibly at our abilities.
- The car is symbolic of how we maneuver through our lives. When a garage is prominent in a dream, some element of how you are moving forward (or not) is being expressed.
- The essence of a garage connects to being prepared to move out into the world.
- If the garage is a private one that is part of a home, then you must use the symbolic sensibility and apply it to your private life.
- It may represent your psychic Geld, or what is referred to as your aura, extending out. In that things are stored in a garage, it may also represent the place where you have stored the tools that can be used constructively to fine-tune areas of your life.
- A brother in a dream means having shareholders in one’s business.
- A brother can represent both feelings of kinship and of rivalry. In a woman’s dream, an older brother can signify her extrovert self.
- Symbolic of Christ, Prov. 18:24, other Christians, or adversity, Prov. 17:17 “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.”
- Seeing your daughter (real or pretend) in your dream is a good omen, foretelling that your distress will soon be replaced by pleasure and harmony.
- The creative feminine that has many possibilities open to her for development. This image also represents the dreamer’s need for new and unique powers.
AND my least favorite… THE DOCTOR
Every person in a dream is part of your psyche, and a doctor is an aspect of the self that can diagnose and heal. You may be looking for answers to some underlying problem or challenge, and the doctor in your dreams may help heal what ails you.
You are revealing a secret and personal aspect of yourself and are afraid of exposure.
- walking in the world asleep or unconscious regarding some important, real situation
- some element of how you are moving forward (or not) is being expressed
- feeling of not being prepared for life, activities or business affairs
A doctor is an aspect of the self that can diagnose and heal, looking for answers to some underlying problem or challenge.
- looking at our reserves of drive and motivation and possibly at our abilities
- tools that can be used constructively to fine-tune areas of your life
- represents the dreamer’s need for new and unique powers
- indicate how we store our own personal abilities
- urging you to discover the truth of a situation
A brother is born for a time of adversity.
- connects to being prepared to move out into the world
- having shareholders in one’s business
- ability to mimic behavior by rote
A good sign of advancement in your dearest hopes.
- distress will soon be replaced by pleasure and harmony
- hinting at a fresh start to some aspect of your life
Don’t wander so far off as to lose sight of the primary- purpose.
- continue to develop your personality by staying close to your own nature
- freedom that leads to divine vision
- listen to our intuition
(((JUST WOW))) There is something (it’s still a secret!! LOL) that I am trying to sort out prior to making a decision about how to move forward, and I can’t make sense of all that is laid out in front of me. The “dreaded” doctor is letting me know that the tools are there inside of me, I just need to “discover the truth” before doing so. In that regard, intuition and divine vision MUST REMAIN ALIGNED and INTACT because either the doctor and the monkey were one in the same OR… Well, the alternative dream interpretation could be that I am about to be made a fool of… (((TRUST MY GUT? GOT IT!!)))
Monkey symbolism recognizes that playfulness and entertainment are useful for the soul. Therefore, this spirit animal is reminding you that these things should be included in your day regularly. These animals have a strong capacity for compassion, understanding, and bonding. All of which is part of our human social makeup as well, and they serve to remind us that our journey on this planet is not a solitary one. When it comes to solving problems, this creature represents how to use your ingenuity and resourcefulness to solve problems.
Alternatively, your Monkey meaning is symbolizing the ability to solve all problems. If you are honest with yourself, you will be able to resolve any issue you come across. Monkey symbolism reminds you to make sure that you are aware of all of the options and all of the ramifications of those options.