MASTER CLEANSE DAY 4
- Salt water flush first thing in the morning on empty stomach.
- Lemonade (fresh lemons, maple syrup, purified water and cayenne pepper).
- Mint tea and water.
- Herbal laxative before bed.
- AM = Husband still has slight headache and got up in the middle of the night with a bit of a cough (bummer but I still have faith that this cleanse is helping some of that). For me, slight nausea and headache this morning… I have a thought about potential causes. On day 2, because of the migraine and dry heaves, I was not able to drink the senna tea before bed. Senna helps to dislodge pockets of fecal matter that are “stuck” in the gut at night while the saltwater flush in the morning pushes it out. Those “pockets” may have been in the gut long enough to store toxins and certainly unfavorable bacteria and when they are loosed get absorbed somewhat back into the blood stream as they pass through the intestines (causing nausea). The other theory would be that the senna is a bit too strong for me and I should dilute it to half strength. Both of these possibilities are covered in The Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs. Either way, after evacuation in the morning I am feeling pretty good… Almost like I have a slight buzz.
- PM = (((I FEEL GREAT))) if only slightly weak and fatigued, sore back from all the rest needed to recover from induction symptoms. Having done the low-carb diet before, I know what I am feeling… (((KETOSIS)))
The coolest thing about ketosis? (((YOU BURN FAT FOR ENERGY)))